· What the ACA says about Breastfeeding
· How Insurance Companies interpret the ACA
· Licensed vs Certified – How Insurance Views the IBCLC
· IBCLC as an Out of Network Provider
· Out of Network Billing Basics
· How to Use a Superbill and a HCFA (Health Insurance Claim Form)
· Assigning Procedure and Diagnosis Codes
· Diagnosis Code Changes from ICD9 to ICD10
· Sources of Insurance Coverage
· Insurance Terms Defined – Premiums, Copays, Deductibles, Coinsurance
· Helping our Clients get Reimbursed
Speaker: Haya Brant, owner of Clearbill, http://clearbill.net a medical billing company for midwives, worked as a full time doula for 9 years before launching Clearbill in 2007 and becoming an IBCLC in 2009. She is knowledgeable in the fields of midwifery, childbirth and lactation.
Clearbill is committed to addressing the needs of all parties: insurance companies, midwives and families. In this workshop “Billing Basics” Haya will address what it means to be an IBCLC in the age of the ACA.